NO PURCHASE REQUIRED.
The “monthly l’Établi / The Workbench Community contest” (the “Contest”) is held by Synopsis Recherche Marketing Inc. (the “Contest Organizer”) whose head office is located at 415 Le Moyne Street, #402, Montreal (QC), H2Y 1Y5.
This contest is held at the benefit of Lowe’s Canada Inc. is located at 220 Ch. Du Tremblay, Boucherville (Qc), J4B 8H7.
The Contest will run from January 1, 2019, at 9:00 a.m. Eastern Time (ET) to January 31, 2019, at 1:00 p.m. (ET) (the “Contest Period”).
Contest rules are available on theworkbenchcommunity.ca / communauteletabli.ca.
The Contest is open to all residents of Canada who have reached or surpassed the age of majority of their province at the time of entry. Employees, representatives and mandataries of the Contest Organizer, of any company, corporation, trust or other legal entity controlled by or affiliated with it, its advertising and promotional agencies, suppliers of prizes, material and services related to this Contest, as well as members of their immediate family (brothers, sisters, children, father, mother), their legal or common-law spouse and any individuals with whom such employees, representatives and mandataries are domiciled, are not eligible. The participant must be a member of The Workbench Community during the contest dates.
HOW TO ENTER THE CONTEST
- 1. No purchase required,
To enter the contest, you must:
- Be a member of The Workbench Community or Communauté L’Établi.
- Each completed activity entitles you to one (1) entry in the contest, thus one (1) chance to win.
There is one (1) prize to be awarded during the Contest Period.
It consists of a Can$ 500 gift card.
The Can$500 gift card can be issued by one of the following banner stores: RONA, Réno-Dépôt or Lowe’s. The choice of that banner store will be at the discretion of the winner.
- 2. Limit. There is a limit of one (1) prize per person during the contest period. Participants must respect the following limits, failing which they may be disqualified:
- A total of one (1) registration per person
- Participants who have more than one email address may only use one.
- 3. Chances of winning.
The chances of winning the prize depend on the number of entrants and the number of completed activities.
- 4. A computer-generated draw will be held at Synopsis Recherche Marketing Inc. at 4:00 p.m. (ET) on February 3, 2020, for entries received during the period contest. The winner will be contacted by e-mail.
AWARDING OF PRIZES
- 5. To be declared a winner, any selected entrant must:
- Be reachable by email within two business (2) days following the draw of the winning entry
- Complete and sign a declaration form (the “Declaration Form”) sent by the Contest Organizer stating that the entrant has fulfilled all the requirements of these Rules and exonerates the Contest Organizer of any liability, and return the Declaration Form in accordance with the instructions provided by the Contest Organizer
- Have correctly answered the mathematical skill-testing question appearing on the Declaration Form
- Upon request and in a timely manner, provide a piece of photo identification
- 6. Failure to comply with any of the conditions mentioned in these Contest Rules or to accept the prize may cause the selected entrant to be disqualified. In such a case, the Contest Organizer may, at its sole discretion, cancel the prize or hold a new draw until an entrant is selected and declared a winner.
- 7. Upon receipt of the completed Declaration Form and within a maximum of two (2) days, the Contest Organizer will deliver winning entrant their prize by mail or courier (should the situation allow such delivery) or will advise the winning entrant on how to retrieve their prize.
- 8. Verification. Entry forms are subject to verification by the Contest Organizer. Any entry form that is, as the case may be, incomplete, illegible, manually or mechanically reproduced, mutilated, fraudulent or obtained from an unauthorized source, or is received or submitted late, bears an invalid email address or phone number, does not bear the correct answer to the mathematical skill-testing question or is otherwise noncompliant shall be rejected and will not entitle a person to an entry or to a prize, as the case may be.
- 9. Disqualification. The Contest Organizer reserves the right to disqualify a person or to cancel one or more entries of a person who enters or tries to enter this Contest using methods that do not comply with these Contest Rules or that are unfair to other entrants (e.g., entries exceeding the authorized limit).
- 10. Conduct of the Contest. Any attempt to sabotage the legitimate conduct of this Contest may constitute a violation of civil and criminal laws. Should there be any such attempts, the Contest Organizer reserves the right to reject the entrant’s entries and obtain legal or equitable relief under applicable laws.
- 11. Prize acceptance. The prize must be accepted as described in these contest rules and may not, in any case, be transferred in whole or in part to another person, replaced by another prize or exchanged for cash, except as provided in the section below.
- 12. Prize substitution. The Contest Organizer reserves the right to award a different prize (or a portion thereof) of the same kind and of equivalent value or, at its sole discretion, the monetary value of the prize (or a portion thereof), including in the event where it would be impossible, difficult and/or more costly for the Contest Organizer to award the prize as described in these contest rules.
- 13. Liability limit: prize use. By entering the Contest, any entrant selected for a prize releases and holds harmless the Contest Organizer, any company, corporation, trust or other legal entity controlled by or affiliated to it, its advertising and promotional agencies, their employees, representatives and mandataries (the ”Released Parties”) from and against any damage resulting from the acceptance or use of the prize.
- 14. Use of the website. The Contest Organizer does not warrant in any way that the Contest website will be accessible or functional without interruption during the Contest Period or that it will be free of errors.
- 15. Liability limit: prize supplier. Any entrant selected for a prize acknowledges that upon awarding of the prize, the obligations related to it become the responsibility of the suppliers of services and goods related to the prize.
- 16. Prize warranty. Any entrant selected for a prize acknowledges that the only warranty applicable to the prize is the standard manufacturer warranty, if applicable.
- 17. Liability limit: conduct of the Contest. The Released Parties disclaim all liability for any of the following that may limit or prevent any entrant from reading these contest rules: malfunctioning of any computer component, software or communications line; loss or lack of a communications network; or any transmission that is faulty, incomplete, incomprehensible or erased by any computer or network. The Released Parties also disclaim all liability for any damages or loss that may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, by the downloading of any web page or software or by the transmission of any information related to entry in the Contest.
- 18. Contest modification. The Contest Organizer reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Contest in whole or in part, should human intervention or an event take place that could alter or affect the administration, security, impartiality or conduct of the Contest as provided in these contest rules, subject to approval by Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Québec, if required.
- 19. Termination of Contest entry. In the event that entry in the Contest must be terminated in whole or in part before the closing date provided in these contest rules, for whatever reason, the Contest Organizer may, at its sole discretion, proceed with the draw among the entries duly received up to the date of the event ending Contest entry.
- 20. Prize limit. In no event shall the Contest Organizer be required to award more prizes than indicated in these contest rules or to award a prize otherwise than in compliance with these contest rules.
- 21. Liability limit: Contest entry. Persons who enter or try to enter this Contest release the Released Parties from any liability for damage said persons may incur as a result of entering or attempting to enter the Contest.
- 22. Authorization. By entering this Contest, any entrant selected for a prize authorizes the Contest Organizer and its representatives to use, if required, their name, photo, likeness, voice, place of residence and/or statement regarding a prize for publicity purposes, without any form of compensation.
- 23. Communication with entrants. No communication or correspondence related to this Contest shall be exchanged with entrants except as provided for in these contest rules or at the entrant’s initiative.
- 24. Personal information. Entrants’ personal information collected for the purpose of the Contest will be used only to administer the Contest.
- 25. Property. Entry forms and Declaration Forms are the property of the Contest Organizer and will not, in any case, be returned to entrants.
- 26. Entrant identification. For the purposes of these contest rules, the entrant is the person whose name appears on the entry form, and it is this person to whom the prize will be awarded if selected and declared a winner.
- 27. Contest Organizer’s decision. Any decision by the Contest Organizer or its representatives regarding this Contest is final and without appeal, subject to a ruling by Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Québec on any issue under its jurisdiction.
- 28. Litigation. Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Québec for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
- 29. Unenforceability. If a section of the contest rules is declared or deemed illegal, unenforceable or invalid by a competent court, that section shall be considered invalid, but all unaffected sections will be applied within the limits of the law.
- 30. Language. In case of any discrepancy between the French and English versions of these contest rules, if an English version is available, the French version shall prevail.